What wine goes best with pie?
Perfect Wine and Pie Pairings
- Pecan + Madeira. …
- Sweet Potato + Riesling. …
- Apple + Moscato d’Asti. …
- Pumpkin + Chardonnay. …
- Blueberry + Cabernet Sauvignon. …
- Peanut Butter Pie + Pinot Noir. …
- Chess + Gewurztraminer. …
- Chocolate + Port.
What red wine goes with pie?
Wine for Pairing: Another pie for red wine lovers, Pinot Noir will work nicely with this pie. Remember, red wines almost always complement chocolate, so it stands to reason that if your pie would go well with chocolate, as peanut butter surely would, a red wine will go equally as well.
What drink goes with pie?
The 6 Best Pie & Cocktail Pairings
- Raspberry Pie and Champagne: …
- Apple Cranberry Pie and Cider: …
- Cherry Pie and Red Wine: …
- Margarita – Lemon Meringue: …
- Pecan Pie and a Coffee Brown Ale: …
- Chocolate Cream Pie and Irish Coffee:
What kind of wine goes with apple pie?
3 Wines to Pair with Apple Pie
- Moscato d’Asti. To end your meal on a lighter note, pour Moscato d’Asti, a low-alcohol, sweet, fizzy wine from Italy that’s filled with notes of fruit blossoms and happiness. …
- Jurançon Moelleux. …
- Tawny Port.
Does red wine go with apple pie?
Apple Pie pairs best with a fruity wine with both sweetness and acidity. When matching wine with food, the wine has to be at least as sweet as the food. Apple Pie is not too sweet. It pairs well with many different dessert wines.
What kind of wine goes with cherry pie?
Get a cherry overload by pairing the cherry pie with Gamay wine. Gamay’s light red wine is known to match well with various foods and desserts. Gamay has stunning fruity and flowery aromas. An alternative to Gamay is Pinot Noir.
What wine goes with rhubarb pie?
The best wine to pair with rhubarb
- Sauternes or similar sweet wines from Bordeaux. …
- Other late harvest sauvignons or semillons from elsewhere in the world would work too.
- Auslese, beerenauslese or other late harvest rieslings. …
- Sparkling rosés especially pinot noir-based ones or rosé prosecco.
What wine goes with key lime pie?
5) Key Lime Pie and Gewürztraminer
And one last one for the challenge: Key lime pie is the Thai food of desserts, in that it is very difficult to pair with wines. Depending on how tart the finished product ends up, a late harvest Gewürztraminer can be a perfect partner for this beautiful tropical pie.
What alcohol goes with pecan pie?
Pecan pie is a flavor of the South, with a sweetness so bold it would belittle most wines. Bourbon, however, proves a fine foil: the richer and sweeter the pie, the bigger and rounder the bourbon should be.
What wine goes best with pumpkin pie?
Generally, what works with pumpkin pie are late harvest wines made from white grapes such as riesling, gewurztraminer, chenin blanc, vidal, muscat and even the red grape zinfandel.
Does wine go with cheesecake?
Sweet red wines generally work with chocolate and cheesecake is no exception though you might be able to get away with a lush dry red as I did in this surprising match. … Having less of a sweet tooth I’d personally go for a madeira or an oloroso sherry – also a good match, I reckon, for a Nutella cheesecake.
What wine goes with apple crisp?
Best Wine to Pair with Apple Crumble :
- Sparkling White Wine of California – Napa Valley – Brut.
- Sweet White Barsac.
- Sweet White Cadillac.
- Sweet White Cérons.
- Sweet White Loupiac.
- Sparkling White Champagne.
- White Montlouis sur Loire.
What wine goes with peach pie?
Pair It. Muscat, Riesling, Albariño, Viognier, warm-climate Chardonnay and South African Chenin Blanc all commonly exhibit peach character, but you don’t always want a peachy pairing, says Alexandria Brashears, sommelier at Atlanta’s Restaurant Eugene.
What wine goes with a fruit tart?
Crisp, clean sweet wine to compliment the fruit acidity, and balance the cream and pastry.
- Ice Wine – dessert wine produced from grapes that have been frozen while still on the vine, the water is dissolved and the sugars are concentrated. …
- Late Harvest Riesling – sweet, aromatic German dessert wine.